Monday, January 9, 2012

Six Kids and Twins


I have twins. I'm a mother of six already when I got my twins. The sixth is in the second grade and the first in college and suddenly, I'm pregnant with twins. Well, I know that I have a pair of twin aunts and about a pair of twin cousins, too. But I already have six adorable, noisy, boisterous, pasaway kids. Twins. Beautiful, elegant, both-cheek-dimpled, bubbly beautiful, beautiful twins. Who can resist them?

I will kill anyone who would!

Sofia Eleina and Sofia Ysabela are four month olds now and adored by everyone in the household. They  laugh and snicker, they can almost crawl, they still prefer being breastfed than bottle-fed. They watch TV, they coo and shout. Most of all, those adorable, charming, vivid smiles gets better and better. I still can't believe I have them. I wake up in the morning and the first thing I'll smell is their smell, and I'll smile. The first thing I'll reach out for is the one who's nearest. And I'll suddenly feel guilty for paying attention to one so I'll reach for the other. God help me. I get guilty a hundred times during a day since I've had them.

Sometimes I would go research about twins in the web just to see if I'm shaping up. It's a challenge, double-up and yes, I feel the pressure everyday. For after everything that I do, for every deed that I've committed, I know that one day I will be remembered for being what kind of a mother I've been. Everything else that I did felt selfish everytime I remember I'm a mother because this is the one role I feel very helpless of doing. whatever you read in mags and online about parenting doesn't really help on hand. You go with your instinct. and when you love so much, that instinct will give you everything you need. I love all my kids very much. And I'm scared because along the way, mistakes will be part of our lives. One parent already buckled under the pressure. It's all up to me now.

There are tons to say. It's always not enough.

A mother should do everything she could. 

And I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment