Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What We Get From Life, We Give Back

Like water from Earth that turns to gas and floats up in the heavens as clouds, they go back to earth as rain. Everything we take from life goes back. What we learn from experiences, from pain, from happiness, from relationships, from life in general, goes back in million ways. As an artist, it becomes more obvious. This becomes a process. What I get from my life is what I get to write in paper. What wisdom Mother Life and Father Time gives me, I write down in whatever quality and quantity and understanding I was able to process it. Just like any other artist using any other medium, I give it back in any way the world would let me. Obviously, mine's through publishing. But most important to remember is--what you read inside those pages are free. Even I do not own it, though the ego in me would glow when one compliments it. The packaging is not--the paper, ink, promotion, people who worked to get that thing to other people--that gets paid. But any amount you pay is not for what you get inside. What you learn inside, is free, paid forward to you, and you pay forward any way you have to--as if you have a choice--through how you act, what you sketch, what you say, what you write. It follows a dynamic that businessmen and politicians will not easily understand because their lives revolved around money and bills of rights. So they make contracts that says this belongs to this one and this belongs to that one because that one has the right or this one has the say--and mostly, they create war, really. They make this small, limited world where they have every degree of learning stand out only in paper or in whatever physical way it is possible. It is not the world of the artist. We build our tower of Babel whichever way possible, in whatever form, mostly intangible though you can touch it, you can use it.

As Father Time ages, people learn not to be destructive. As Mother Wisdom ages, learning becomes cumulative. And what's right and wrong becomes more complicated and complex. And the simplest, really, to those who get it.

At present, our tower, our forbidden grimoire, is the Internet. Will they still be able to burn the book?

Oh no, I don't think so. This is the 21st century, the age of the Aquarius, the era of the spirit.

Do you get what I mean? It's a bubble, I know. But do you get what it means?

No comments:

Post a Comment